First Alert SCO5CN Combination Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector, Battery Operated
Style: Battery Powered Alarm
Size: 1 Pack
Brand: First Alert
- Part Number: SCO5CN
- Item Weight: 14.4 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 6.8 x 2.5 inches
- Item model number: SCO5CN
- Batteries: 2 AA batteries required.
- Size: 1 Pack
- Color: White
- Style: Battery Powered Alarm
- Power Source: battery-powered
- Voltage: 120 volts
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Certification: Not Applicable
- Included Components: —
- Batteries Included?: No
- Batteries Required?: No
- Battery Cell Type: NiMh
- Warranty Description: ——-
- Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- Date First Available: September 14, 2004
- Make sure this fits. by entering your model number.
- Keep your family safe with this battery operated smoke and carbon monoxide alarm; battery powered alarms provide continuous monitoring of CO levels, even if there's a power failure
- Features an electrochemical Carbon Monoxide sensing technology as well as a photoelectric sensor that detects the larger particles of a smoldering fire
- Indicator lights on the face of the unit display the presence of smoke or carbon monoxide, while an 85-decibel siren provides a clear, loud warning upon detection
- Battery-operated unit installs quickly and easily without an electrician
- Simple to use, with a single test/silence button; EZ access battery drawer allows you to change battery without removing alarm from ceiling
- 7-year limited warranty; equipped with end-of-life signal chirp, so you know when its time to replace the unit for safety; all First Alert alarms are rigorously tested to meet UL standards
Style:Battery Powered Alarm | Size:1 Pack The FirstAlert SCO5CN Combination Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm features dual sensorsto detect both smoke and carbon monoxide in a single device. A photoelectricsensor detects the smoke most often produced by smoldering fires, andminimizes false alarms from cooking smoke or shower steam. Additionally, theadvanced electrochemical CO sensor detects carbon monoxide leaks from multiplesources, such as faulty fuel-burning appliances, blocked chimneys, andgenerators running inside or too close to homes. A loud, 85-decibel sirenalerts you to the threat; unique alarm sounds and indicator lights on its facedistinguish a smoke warning from a carbon monoxide warning. This carbonmonoxide and smoke detector is battery operated, so you don’t need anelectrician for installation. Requiring just two AA batteries and featuring aneasy-access battery compartment for quick changes, this smoke and carbonmonoxide detector has a single button that allows you to silence a false alarmor test the unit. Carbon monoxide (CO) is the leading cause ofaccidental poisoning deaths in America, yet many people don’t know they aresuffering from CO poisoning until its too late. Since symptoms of CO poisoningare like the flu, you might not even know you’re in danger at first. That’swhy a carbon monoxide alarm is an excellent way to protect your family. It candetect the CO you can’t see, smell or taste in the air. The First Alert SCO5CNcarbon monoxide and smoke alarm uses an electrochemical carbon monoxidesensor-the most accurate technology available. The alarm uses photoelectricsmoke sensing technology which is environmentally friendlier and which reducesnuisance alarms, making it ideal for cooking areas. It is also great forsensing slow smoldering fires quickly. The permanent sensors last the lifetimeof the alarm. The test/silence button both silences a non-threatening alarm orlow battery warning and allows you to test the unit’s functionality. A lowbattery signal alerts you to replace the battery and end-of-life alarm ofthree chirps alerts you to replace the unit. Two AA batteries are included.5-year limited warranty. UL listed. Not available for sale in Massachusetts.–Bree Norlander What’s in the Box One combination carbon monoxide and smokealarm, two AA batteries, and user’s manual. This does not contain voicefeature.